low power on sr125 any ideas

jamiehoward430
This post is 6019 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there,

i recently serviced my sr125, tightend cam chain, set valve clearences changed oil plugs and filters, since then i dont seem to have as much power as before, stil does same speed but takes alot longer to get there, i can notice it more in 5th than anyother gear has anyone got any ideas on what i might have done wrong.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like you set valve clearances too tight, are you totally sure they are spot on?? did you replace the plug with the correct one?? they have different heat ranges etc.

sounds like you set valve clearances too tight, are you totally sure they are spot on?? did you replace the plug with the correct one?? they have different heat ranges etc.

i got spark plug from halfords and loked up in there parts book, has anyone got the correct valve clearances i got them from another forum may have been wrong, i set them at 0.7mm cold

thanks