help

craig p
This post is 6020 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a yz426 and have lost drive in 5th gear, i am trying to remove the engine but cant get the swingarm bolt out, can i do the gears without removing the engine, and if not how could i get the bolt out? thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have a yz426 and have lost drive in 5th gear, i am trying to remove the engine but cant get the swingarm bolt out, can i do the gears without removing the engine, and if not how could i get the bolt out? thanks

the engine haz 2 come out so u can split it!! just give it some hard hit and wd40 the bolt should come out it just seized

LAY BIKE OVER ON LH SIDE SO END OF BOLT IS EASY TO GET TO THEN SPIN THE NUT BACK ON SO IT JUST IS LEVEL WITH END OF THREADS, RUN SOME WD 40 OR PENETRATING OIL DOWN THE BOLT AND FIND YOUR FAV HEAVY HAMMER ,BE CAREFUL NOT TO HIT ANYTHING BUT THE NUT , EVEN USE HEAT ON THE CENTRE OF SWINGARM WHERE BOLT GOES THROUGH, HEAT WILL EXPAND THE METAL IN THE SWINGARM HOPEFULLY RELEASING THE BOLT..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online