tx500 starter

noddy
This post is 6021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi can any one help the bike is a 73 tx 500 the bike kicks up no problem but the starter turns the engine over when there are no plugs in no probs but put the plugs back and it slows when it hits compression and wont start the bike i have a other starter but it is the same is it a coincident or both starters duff has any one any ideas they whuld be mutch appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like you have flat battery, get it fully charged then re try, if battery is more than few yrs old you may need to replace it, make sure you get good quality one like yuasa.

hi can any one help the bike is a 73 tx 500 the bike kicks up no problem but the starter turns the engine over when there are no plugs in no probs but put the plugs back and it slows when it hits compression and wont start the bike i have a other starter but it is the same is it a coincident or both starters duff has any one any ideas they whuld be mutch appreciated

sounds like you have flat battery, get it fully charged then re try, if battery is more than few yrs old you may need to replace it, make sure you get good quality one like yuasa.

hi the battery is good i have jumped it with a fully charged car battery to no avail