Intake design

flash1259
This post is 6024 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am debating on taking out the Airbox and using pod like filters by amsoil. Is there any adjustments needed to do this? or will the regular carb syncing and yics tool help do this?

I have heard that you need to re jet and adjust but no real specfics on what is needed to make such a conversion.

1982 yamaha xs400j

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am debating on taking out the Airbox and using pod like filters by amsoil. Is there any adjustments needed to do this? or will the regular carb syncing and yics tool help do this?

I have heard that you need to re jet and adjust but no real specfics on what is needed to make such a conversion.

1982 yamaha xs400j

Hi

fitting pods is a bit like playing the lottery? sometimes you can fit them and not need any adjustments other times you need loads ! First of all fit the pods and fire you bike up and see how it is running, you might just need to adjust the mixture screws and make it a bit richer ( as fitting pods is increaseing the air flow ) if adjusting the mixture is ok at the lower end ie tickover and up to about 1/3 throttle but higher up is doing nothing then you will need to fit bigger main jets usually 10% bigger and you may even need to raise the needles up one notch ? its all a bit trail and error really what will work well on one bike may not work as well on another?

Hope this helps

Good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online