Bike Keeps Overheating Can Anyone Help? PLZ

brokenbike
This post is 6021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yahmaha yzf-r1 that keeps overheating, the cooling fan doesn't come in till the temperature hits 109oC I have changed the thermostat so it can't be that and I'm lost I just don't want to spend a fortune on all new parts that are pointless if they don'e solve the problem

Can anyone help???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a yahmaha yzf-r1 that keeps overheating, the cooling fan doesn't come in till the temperature hits 109oC I have changed the thermostat so it can't be that and I'm lost I just don't want to spend a fortune on all new parts that are pointless if they don'e solve the problem

Can anyone help???

Hi brokenbike, I'd try flushing and cleaning the cooling system with fresh water, also check the radiator cooling fins are not externally blocked with old leafs and dirt. :rolleyes: you could try washing the radiator with a pressure hose from the back, that will blow any rubbish out the front. Dont forget to use antifreeze mix in system

Can anyone help???

Hi mate ,

the first thing i would check would be the temperatue sensor that makes the fan cut in! the thermostat only regulates at what temp the water starts circulating its the temp sensor that regulates when the fan cuts in, if it is covered in crap or faulty then it wont work properly !

Hope this cools you down?

Can anyone help???

What temperature should the fan come in are you sure that 109C is too high, any other R1 owners out there?

hi, is bike pissing coolant out?? if not seems like you dont have real problem, the temp guage is never 100% accurate. most bikes fans wont cut in until 102 - 106 degrees , so you may not have a fault, is the bike running ok? do the fans cool the temp down??does your bike have one or two fans ? is one not working?also is your water / anti freeze mix approx 50/50, water boils at 100 . the anti freeze slows that down so wont boil til higher temp.

hi, is bike pissing coolant out?? if not seems like you dont have real problem, the temp guage is never 100% accurate. most bikes fans wont cut in until 102 - 106 degrees , so you may not have a fault, is the bike running ok? do the fans cool the temp down??does your bike have one or two fans ? is one not working?also is your water / anti freeze mix approx 50/50, water boils at 100 . the anti freeze slows that down so wont boil til higher temp.

the coolant does not come out i have one fan that comes in at 109 it does cool it down and it has the right mix in

Hi mate ,

the first thing i would check would be the temperatue sensor that makes the fan cut in! the thermostat only regulates at what temp the water starts circulating its the temp sensor that regulates when the fan cuts in, if it is covered in crap or faulty then it wont work properly !

Hope this cools you down?

i have just changed the switch and now the fan comes in at 104

What is the condition of the radiator and has the system been flushed. If the rad is in poor condition it could be restricting flow which will cause the temp to rise.

i have just changed the fan switch and the fan comes in at 104 thats for your info

Can anyone help???

i have now put a fan switch and it comes in at 104 and power washed the rad and that helped can tell the diff in the temp thanks for your help and info

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online