R6 oil change

Moxxberg
This post is 5945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I just finished helping my buddy change his oil in his r6... we had a blast pretending we knew what we were doing... confession: we took off the wrong side when we got started LOL

anyways we drained the oil out and let is sit for a couple minutes to get every last drop... we bolted her back up and put 2 new quarts of oil in... now after we started her up no problems we decided to go for a test drive.... upon doing so i come to find out that his oil light came on for a few moments and then cut off.... we parked got something to eat and theorized why taht could be... we started her back up again no problems no light nothing.... we are riding back to his house and low and behold his oil light comes back on but for a split second and cuts out....

i was wondering if there was anything we should be worrying about in regards to that light comming on or is it normal right after changing the oil ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, it's pretty normal for yams, the oil level sensors are very sensitive, make sure that the oil level is just under the top line in the window and it should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online