Front fender for 1100 XVS

rebelrider4711
This post is 5866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, i have just bought an XVS 1100 Dragstar custom, and i am not keen on the front fender, is it possible to fit a classic fender on my bike? i am aware of the different wheel size, regards Franklyn...

Like you say the front wheel is smaller and wider on a Classic. I have a Classic front fender I took off my 2006 1100 for sale if you're looking to buy one!

Let me know!

Stu

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, i have just bought an XVS 1100 Dragstar custom, and i am not keen on the front fender, is it possible to fit a classic fender on my bike? i am aware of the different wheel size, regards Franklyn...

hi, i have a xvs 1100 and wanted to know what mods you would have to carry out to fit a classic mudgaurd,do you know what you would need to do.what colour is yours,condition ,how much do you want for it , cheers brian

• 1 month later...

hi, i have a xvs 1100 and wanted to know what mods you would have to carry out to fit a classic mudgaurd,do you know what you would need to do.what colour is yours,condition ,how much do you want for it , cheers brian

Hi Brian

If you are still looking for a Classic front fender, I have just put mine on ebay! It is black and in really good condition.

Reference fitting it on a Custom can be done. A guy on the US V Star forum has just done it, heres what he said.

Cheers, Stu

Not too hard to do.

What I did:

I made a mounting hole template based off the holes in the fork mount on my original Custom fender. Then, I took the new classic fender, mocked it up on the wheel where wanted it...and marked where the lower bolt would go thru, on both sides of the fender.

With those two holes drilled out, I went back to the bike, and made sure it sat in the forks how I wanted...with enough equal spacing around the wheel...Then I used my template, which worked pretty well, actually. I had to grind a little bit, to get the second set of mount holes to line up, but it wasn't too terrible. Nothing a spade bit, and a dremel couldn't fix.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online