FZR 600 Fazer misfire

dazakkas
This post is 6025 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 600 fazer on a 2000 plate, it has been laid up over winter with the occasional 10 minute run. On using a couple of days ago the engine was roapy between tickover and 3000 rpm. Seems like a cylinder not firing correctly. I gave it a blast up my local bypass but no better. It had been about 4 weeks before its last run. Any idea's?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sorry guys, mispelling, its a fzs 600 fazer lol.

Hi the first thing to do is to make sure that fuel is getting to the cylinder that is not fireing properly,next step would be to fit a new set of plugs , if this does'nt cure the problem the next step would be to check the coils and the ignition pack?

Hope this helps

ty i will try cleaning plugs and blowing out the jets tomoz, will let you know how i get on. HT leads fine, tried a tacho on them.

Misfire implies that she's sparking some of the time on that cylinder (does that downpipe get warm at all?) which is an intermittant problem often due to duff lead (or plug cap).

First thing I'd do now is swap the plugs around (affected cylinder and any other) to see if the problem moves.

Also check the colour/condition (black/oily/sooty) of the plug on the affected cylinder - and if it smells of fuel.

Is it a misfire, or a backfire?

Important question - is it only one cylinder that isn't firing, or two? If two, which two?

Can check by (carefully) touching the downpipes after the bike has just started.

All getting warm at the same rate suggests no problem?!

I'd not assume carbs, there's not enough information.

Perhaps you've got carb icing? It's possible and might give your symptoms.

My bike gets laid-up for a lot longer than 4 weeks between runs sometimes, no problem (but she's got less than 5K miles on the clock)...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online