DT 125 R

spammy
This post is 4053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have just got my self a DT 125 R

1998 model,

it is pretty fast does about 75-80 mph

but it wants to go faster but it cant,

is there away i can make it faster with out spending alot of money EG:turing the power valve up,

could u please help me out and tell me how to make it faster

thanks alot from spammy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

i have just got my self a DT 125 R

1998 model,

it is pretty fast does about 75-80 mph

but it wants to go faster but it cant,

is there away i can make it faster with out spending alot of money EG:turing the power valve up,

could u please help me out and tell me how to make it faster

thanks alot from spammy

Hi spammy

You need a new deristion pipe and large expantion chamber, next tek the little restrictor off your air inflow pipe,

then pin your power valve open, dont touch the gears they are a bitch and fuck easy

if you find anything interestin gimi a shout i want mine to be tuned to the max

Edd

• 4 weeks later...

Pinning the powervalve fully open doesn't do a lot for your top end, you just lose a lot of bottom end and midrange grunt. If you want it to behave in a similar fashion to fully open but with some bottom end then try pinning the valve at around the halfway mark. This worked well in the short time I had it set like that. I personally prefer my powervalves fully working on the servo though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi spammy

You need a new deristion pipe and large expantion chamber, next tek the little restrictor off your air inflow pipe,

then pin your power valve open, dont touch the gears they are a bitch and fuck easy

if you find anything interestin gimi a shout i want mine to be tuned to the max

Edd

do u mean remove the snorkel??

i just fitted a dep pipe aswel

• 1 year later...

Pinning the powervalve fully open doesn't do a lot for your top end, you just lose a lot of bottom end and midrange grunt. If you want it to behave in a similar fashion to fully open but with some bottom end then try pinning the valve at around the halfway mark. This worked well in the short time I had it set like that. I personally prefer my powervalves fully working on the servo though.

Hi i have a yamaha dtx 125 06 just had a dep pipe fitted and my speedo restriction taken out, my powervalves are still set in the standard position how fast will it go top end with this like it is because i am not legal to ride it yet.

Also how can i make it faster i hear about rewiring the CDI unit how is this done ?

Guest MaD.VeZ

From what i have read you can probably get 80+mph to show on your speedo :rolleyes: (if your on a CBT it wont be legally i might add)

Rewiring the CDI on post 2003 DT's has not been worked out yet, you can buy custom CDI's but they ain't cheap(300Euros).

If you mean the black and green wire fix, then check www.dtr125.net go to the derestriction page and select your bike year.( ifigure thats what you mean by having the speed restriction taken out though)

You say you had a DEP fitted, is this a full system(expansion chamber and sliencer)? If so have you had the bike jetted to suit?

If your new to biking it should be fast enough for you for a while(if it isn't seek help :P or a license and bigger bike).

Vez.

MaD

Having done it myself far too often :o , this thread is getting on for 2 years old.

From what i have read you can probably get 80+mph to show on your speedo  :rolleyes: (if your on a CBT it wont be legally i might add)

Rewiring the CDI on post 2003 DT's has not been worked out yet, you can buy custom CDI's but they ain't cheap(300Euros).

If you mean the black and green wire fix, then check  www.dtr125.net go to the derestriction page and select your bike year.( ifigure thats what you mean by having the speed restriction taken out though)

You say you had a DEP fitted, is this a full system(expansion chamber and sliencer)? If so have you had the bike jetted to suit?

If your new to biking it should be fast enough for you for a while(if it isn't seek help  :P or a license and bigger bike).

Vez.

yes i had the full dep exhuaust sytem fitted and also the bike did not need rejetting and 80PMH + is good enough for me the speedo deristriction makes a big different on the acceleration of the bike and the garage left my powervalves level so it peforms well at bottom and top end

Pards.

Guest MaD.VeZ

yes i had the full dep exhuaust sytem fitted and also the bike did not need rejetting and 80PMH + is good enough for me the speedo deristriction makes a big different on the acceleration of the bike and the garage left my powervalves level so it peforms well at bottom and top end

Pards.

Sorted Pards, enjoy your bike fella  B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello.

I am new to this site and need help!

I got myself a second hand 2005 dt 125, yesterday, I was riding home and it ran like new, when i stopped at home and got back on it it ran okay for a bout a mile and a half and then it stopped the engine would not rev, and it continued to slow until the engine stopped, it would not start again. So I waited a couple of minutes pulled open the cluth, and it started,, it ran for another mile or so and repeated the same thing, it wouldn't start, luckly I was close to my destination and was able to walk back, however, the battery was being drained from trying to start it with the electric start, and died on me this morning where I had to push it for 5 miles to get back home.m I am charging it up as I speak but I would like to know if anyone else has experianced this porblem or anything similar and if so..how do I stop it?!?!

Thank you.

Fletchersketche

Sound like the fuel gas gone to reserve, switch the tap to RES and fill her up, dont forget to switch it back to ON when you do fill up, or you'll be walking again sometime ;)

It its already switched to RES, youre out of fuel!

• 1 year later...

hi can anyone help me,,,i have a yamaha dtr125 sm it seems all standerd the only thing i can see thats different is its got a (bigone exhuast end can) it only goes 70mph how can i make it go faster??? and also on the standerd exhuast its got like a metle pipe at the front and it goes up to to side of the tank i dont know what that is and i was just wondering if a fit a DEP exhuast what do i do with it????

THANKS JOE

• 3 months later...