Will I ever get to ride my new bike in the dry!

square box
This post is 5886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What cr*p weather, picked up my R1 Tuesday 11th March and have only ridden it in the rain or damp conditions when will the weather improve. I have washed it more than ridden it :angry:

Square Box

If its any consolation, i pick my new xvs650 a week on monday, and i may not be able to ride her, depending on wether or not i pass my test a week tomorrow :( ..... and my last lesson is tomorrow morning and its damned windy up here!!!

If its any consolation, i pick my new xvs650 a week on monday, and i may not be able to ride her, depending on wether or not i pass my test a week tomorrow :( ..... and my last lesson is tomorrow morning and its damned windy up here!!!

Good luck, they are forcasting snow down south tomorrow :mellow:

Square box

Im riding over to Leeds tomorrow for the East Leeds Lions rally and i hope this wind and rain dies down!

Im riding over to Leeds tomorrow for the East Leeds Lions rally and i hope this wind and rain dies down!

I hope it has calmed down for you as well, that saddleworth moor bit of that motorway sends chills down me spine when its calm weather. It should get less windy i think, its almost galeforce up here at the mo, but that was never forecast, so hopefully its just freakish weather. It will be cold this weekend tho, so fetch ya longjohns!!

I hope it has calmed down for you as well, that saddleworth moor bit of that motorway sends chills down me spine when its calm weather. It should get less windy i think, its almost galeforce up here at the mo, but that was never forecast, so hopefully its just freakish weather. It will be cold this weekend tho, so fetch ya longjohns!!

I rode the Moors last year on the way back from the Yorkshire Rock and Bike show at Squires. Fully loaded bike, Pitbull was follwing on her lil 400 - it was LASHING it down, blowing a gale like you wouldnt beleive and absolutely ruddy freezing - AND we both had hangovers the size of Belgium too :lol:

Have to say though - the bike hardly wobbled, and she battled through the crap weather to get me home in one piece :D

Now if i hada been on my CBR600 - i reckopn i would have been camped on them moors for at least a week :lol:

I rode the Moors last year on the way back from the Yorkshire Rock and Bike show at Squires. Fully loaded bike, Pitbull was follwing on her lil 400 - it was LASHING it down, blowing a gale like you wouldnt beleive and absolutely ruddy freezing - AND we both had hangovers the size of Belgium too :lol:

Have to say though - the bike hardly wobbled, and she battled through the crap weather to get me home in one piece :D

Now if i hada been on my CBR600 - i reckopn i would have been camped on them moors for at least a week :lol:

I know youre a pro Goffy, just didnt want you to be surprised at how windy it is. I HATE the wind, but rain doesnt bother me, but both together would do me in lol!! See ya tomorrow, what time you arriving at a guess?

Nahhh - the bikes low down and holds pretty well in the bad weather :D

Pitbull is arriving at mine about 10, hopefully we be setting off here about 11 ish, so be just after lunch ish i think - shall text Mr Purps when we setting off ;)

Nahhh - the bikes low down and holds pretty well in the bad weather :D

Pitbull is arriving at mine about 10, hopefully we be setting off here about 11 ish, so be just after lunch ish i think - shall text Mr Purps when we setting off ;)

haha LOLLLLLL ! ok, will see ya then guys, u might even get a brew and a spot a lunch :)

What cr*p weather, picked up my R1 Tuesday 11th March and have only ridden it in the rain or damp conditions when will the weather improve. I have washed it more than ridden it :angry:

Square Box

My TDM900A sits in my Somerset garage waiting waiting and waiting, 235miles on the clock, accessories fitted, leathers adjusted (let out), TT booked, I just want to RIDE IT...aaaahhh :(

Don`t forget peeps, there is no such thing as the wrong weather to ride in, only the wrong clothes

Just thank your lucky stars you are not with the "ringjunkies" that went to NURBURGRING this Easter weekend

Looks like being a long time spent looking at a closed circuit, or just watching the cars go round

Only missed it myself `coz of the old collar bone jobbie :huh:

http://www.ringjunkies.co.uk

Florida gets relatively cold (40 Degrees Fahrenheit) in the winter, but only intermittently a few days a year and that is the dry season. It's around 87 today and not a cloud in the sky. Our roads are flat and straight, but plenty of sun. You should come down for a ride! B) How big do your bike events get?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the forecast for the south east this Saturday will also be pants. I'd like to pick up the new TDM but am a little concerned about using brand new tyres on the greasy, lumpy Kent/Sussex roads.

I may end up wimping out and collecting it during the week instead :eusa_think:

.....So it was that, with the weather pants as expected (on Saturday, at least. Sunday was glorious :angry2:), the bike stayed at the shop. The forecast for the next couple of days is good, so Plan B is to go to Faversham tomorrow and pick it up, along with the Givi top box ordered today. The anticipation increases by the hour :D

Dry tonight in Lancashire, went out and found some good twisty roads to have a blast on. Ended up in Settle, chips and a coke for tea and good run back home - happy :D

Dry tonight in Lancashire, went out and found some good twisty roads to have a blast on. Ended up in Settle, chips and a coke for tea and good run back home - happy :D

Two of us played out all day... Went up into Yorkshire, played on the twisties, jumped a few humps, had a butty and brew at Devils bridge, then headed towards home, didnt get there, went to another mates picked him up, then picked up another pillion(mates gfriend) and headed for Big Ds for a light beverage. Then headed for home. Total miles 348. All dry!!!!! Woohoo

Weather

Click the above and check out the weather near you!!! LOL

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online