up grade carbs for xs400?

juanito xs
This post is 5940 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

who may know what type of carbs can be change on a xs400?

what alternatives to make it faster?

why upgrade carbs? to tune a bike it needs heads gas flowed, free flow exhaust, hotter cams and then you might consider changing carb to maybe a slide carb which gives a snappier response for racing purposes.

usually to go faster, it depends where you ride. around town lower gearing at the expense of top speed, higher top speed fit a fairing and may be raise gearing slightly. twisties, get decent tyres to maintain higher speeds on corners (depending on rider ability)

I have seen off modern 400's on the lanes of cheshire riding round the out side of racing leather clad pocket rockets, but i reckon it was rider experience that held them back! straight roads it was harder but it was all part of the fun!

different again for track racing.

why upgrade carbs? to tune a bike it needs heads gas flowed, free flow exhaust, hotter cams and then you might consider changing carb to maybe a slide carb which gives a snappier response for racing purposes.

usually to go faster, it depends where you ride. around town lower gearing at the expense of top speed, higher top speed fit a fairing and may be raise gearing slightly. twisties, get decent tyres to maintain higher speeds on corners (depending on rider ability)

I have seen off modern 400's on the lanes of cheshire riding round the out side of racing leather clad pocket rockets, but i reckon it was rider experience that held them back! straight roads it was harder but it was all part of the fun!

thanks

am not only looking to go faster but an option to replace the original carbs since I dont have them and its been hard to get a good set. What type other than original is the most suitable to replace the ones I dont have now?

thanks

am not only looking to go faster but an option to replace the original carbs since I dont have them and its been hard to get a good set. What type other than original is the most suitable to replace the ones I dont have now?

I would think mikuni VM's

http://www.mikuni.com/fs-products_guides.html

how much?

am in NYC, shipping cost ?

Im not sure?! Dont know what they are worth to you.....?? I have seen sets go for as little as 110.00 up to 275.00

I think either price is cheap let me check around and you let me know what you wanna pay. They arent going anywhere.

Im not sure?! Dont know what they are worth to you.....?? I have seen sets go for as little as 110.00 up to 275.00

I think either price is cheap let me check around and you let me know what you wanna pay. They arent going anywhere.

I can spend around $50-$100 buck for ti

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online