Thundercat Issues!!

AlexYZFThundercat
This post is 6029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i'm olny 17 and have got myself a thundercat (restricted). its been going fine but just need some general advice and help from everyone out there. firstly my rear tyre down to the canvas!! their Dunlop sportmax's which have been ok as grip and feel go but as summer arives want some stickier tyre, can anyone recomend some and where to get them, i know busters motorcycle accesories do stuuf very cheap, tyres included. many thanks and any advice or tips for a newbie will be greatly welcomed. alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

"Down to canvas" .... seriously don't do that, you don't need a blow out on bike !

Dunlops are OK, Bridgstone BT014's aren't a bad tyre to change to.

Regarding buyig tyres from someone like busters, sometimes buying from them and then taking them to a tyre dealer to change/balance can be slightly more expensive than just buying from a dealer in the first place.

Phone around your local bike shops and get some prices.

OK thanks mate, our family friend Kev is a mechanic and he says he might be able to get me some cheap tyres and balence them. kevs a sound bloke, took out my down tubes last night, was welding on them 4 bout 5 hours. they are shagged, another thing on the list of things needed

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online