2000 xjr 1300

ginge
This post is 5874 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

This is new to me as is biking! Ive recently purchesed a 2000 xjr 1300sp. Got problems starting her up from the starter button,although it will fire up if i jump the starter solinoid. All fuse and relays have been changed. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks

Ginge

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,

This is new to me as is biking! Ive recently purchesed a 2000 xjr 1300sp. Got problems starting her up from the starter button,although it will fire up if i jump the starter solinoid. All fuse and relays have been changed. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks

Ginge

Try the main earth strap thats bolted to the rear of the engine just in front of the swing arm.

Adam.

Try the main earth strap thats bolted to the rear of the engine just in front of the swing arm.

Adam.

hi adam first thanks for the reply. ive cleaned and checked the earth straps and its still dead at the start button. do you think it could be the button at fault? i dont really want to just buy one as ive just bought all new relays and its still dead

hi mate, have a look at your starter button switch assy, take the two screws out and clean it all with brake cleaner, you can bypass the switch by using split pin across the two wires going to the starter button.if no joy trace it back to next block connecter , prob under tank close to headstock, look at wires there for damage/corrosion etc and then use split pin accross the two wires again, eventually u will find the fault,

adam,, take off the seat and try start the bike. .. can you hear the starter relay clicking??if no clicki when you press starter button then either relay is bust or wiring to button..