87 FZ600

Kevin S
This post is 6039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys

My little brother has an 87 FZ600 and I took it apart over the winter to fix it up a bit. What would be the pilot screw settings for these carburetors? The manual says either "preset" or "2.5 turns out" depending on which model. I'm not sure which model it is. When I removed the screws from each carb, I documented the settings but they can't be right. They were 3,2.5,4 and 5 turns out.The bike had very stumbled low speed acceleration , but speed up a bit and it takes off like a rocket. What do you guys think I should set the pilot screws at?

Kevin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would think the stumbling when taking off would be to rich a mixture. If it was backfiring through the exhaust when taking off it would be to lean. If you are going to set the bike up yourself i would recommend spending £20 on a colortune as it makes the whole process a lot simpler(my opinion anyway). Looking at your settings a guess would be the ones with the 4 - 5 turns would be the problem (to rich)

2.5 is your starting point but make sure your airbox rubbers are fitted correctly, i recently replaced mine with new cos the old ones had shrunk with age and i had to turn the mixture screw in by 1 turn, so it really makes a difference.

Hope it helps Dave C

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online