R1 Sump Help Please!

SimoR1
This post is 6038 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ladies & Gents,

Further to my 1st post it has been recommended that I use a Helicoil but I have had no experience of these, apparntley this can be fitted whilist the sump is in situe?

Has anyone used a Helicoil before & how have they worked?

Any views, ideas or experiences would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ladies & Gents,

Further to my 1st post it has been recommended that I use a Helicoil but I have had no experience of these, apparntley this can be fitted whilist the sump is in situe?

Has anyone used a Helicoil before & how have they worked?

Any views, ideas or experiences would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

THEY WORK WELL BUT IF THE SUMP IS ALLOY U HAVE TO BE CAREFULL NOT TO CRACK IT,THEY ACT JUST LIKE A RAWPLUG ,U DRILL A HOLE TO THE RIGHT SIZE THEN SCREW THEM IN THEN SCREW THE BOLT IN,IF U GET IT RIGHT THEY WILL LAST FOREVER,BUT BE CAREFULL!

if you are unsure, get an engineering shop to so it for you. often it works out cheaper as they will have loads of coil options and better kit for doing it. Also they will be used to the process and less likely that it will go wrong.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online