1980 XS400 - I got screwed again

k91
This post is 5875 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was thinking about putting it in the starter as well (since mine doesn't work - btw, I had hooked it straight to a battery and it made some noise, sounded like it tried to move a bit and then it stopped)....

Have you seen any 12v batts that are small enough to fit in there?

12v alarm batteries are looking the best fit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow drewpy that silver bike is awesome :D Thanks for the pic.

thought it was blue!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help guys :D Whats everybody running for oil as far as weight and brand? I bought some new carb holders last night so hopefully that cures my surging and racing at idle but if not its time to blow apart the carbs again.

About the oil: I've been using Shell Rotella T 15W-40 diesel oil (white container) in my XS650 and am very happy with it. It's built for durability under rough usage, doesn't mind high temperatures, and is relatively cheap at $8 a gallon locally. They also have it in a synthetic version (blue container). Since Shell is an international company it ought to be available just about anywhere.

Steelburner:rolleyes:

About the oil: I've been using Shell Rotella T 15W-40 diesel oil (white container) in my XS650 and am very happy with it. It's built for durability under rough usage, doesn't mind high temperatures, and is relatively cheap at $8 a gallon locally. They also have it in a synthetic version (blue container). Since Shell is an international company it ought to be available just about anywhere.

Steelburner:rolleyes:

I thought rotella was for total loss oil systems as used in wankel engines (triumph, DKW et al)