xj600

spenty
This post is 6033 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a y reg xj600 pre diversion that will only run when the mixture screw is turned out about 7 times instead of the recomended 2 and a half,any ideas why and what it will do to the engine if i leave it that way

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The recomended 2.5 turns out is only a common starting point, but 7 turns is a lot. I`m wondering if its flooding, has it been off the road for any lenght of time, if it has the carbs may need a good clean.

The recomended 2.5 turns out is only a common starting point, but 7 turns is a lot. I`m wondering if its flooding, has it been off the road for any lenght of time, if it has the carbs may need a good clean.

just cleaned them tday cheers but found a corroded inlet rubber mount do u think that might cause the problem

If it was leaking and letting air in it will put the mixture right out. My xj650 needs the screws turned out 5 turns(2.5 starting point) but it needs new airbox rubbers, i`m expecting they can go in at least 1 turn once fitted, well i hope they will.

If it was leaking and letting air in it will put the mixture right out. My xj650 needs the screws turned out 5 turns(2.5 starting point) but it needs new airbox rubbers, i`m expecting they can go in at least 1 turn once fitted, well i hope they will.

i took the carb inlet rubbers off and found one of them corroded i gonna fit a new 1 ojn sunday see if it does the trick,hope so

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online