xs400 pilot jet

pbaszxs400
This post is 5953 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm cleaning out the green goop and varnish out of these carbs, obviously every jet and orifice is blocked. So I don't damage my pilot jet, can anyone tell me if the hole in the tip of the jet is the same diameter as the holes in the side?

I don't want to try and twist through a wire strand that will open the hole up too large.

Thanks again

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm cleaning out the green goop and varnish out of these carbs, obviously every jet and orifice is blocked. So I don't damage my pilot jet, can anyone tell me if the hole in the tip of the jet is the same diameter as the holes in the side?

I don't want to try and twist through a wire strand that will open the hole up too large.

Thanks again

I've had loads of probs with the tips of the adjuster snapping off by heavy handed butchers.

so i have had to drift out the needle tips thus opening up the jet.

not had a problem with slow running as the new needles can close up and compensate for the amount of widening

hope that helps

edit: i hope we are talking about the pilot system situated top front of the carb via the pilot screw!!

Actually, I was referring to the pilot jet that is covered by the rubber plug. It’s right next to the main jet.

thanks

Not sure about the size on them, but you should be able to take them out and soak them in carb cleaner to get them clean. I actually have used a straw from a broom to clean orifices out without damaging them as the straw is tough enough to help clean the stuff out but soft enough not to damage the brass.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online