Faukty indicators

felixfly
This post is 6046 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I have a problem with my front indicators. one of the ground wires running back through the loom doesnt seem to work. Can i connect this light through the ground of the other indicator or will this cause problems.

Regards

Felix

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I have a problem with my front indicators. one of the ground wires running back through the loom doesnt seem to work. Can i connect this light through the ground of the other indicator or will this cause problems.

Regards

Felix

Hi Felix, I presume that you have checked the bulb in the indicator that is not working and that the connection is not corroded? if these are fine make sure that the wire going from the connection to the bulb is ok by running a wire from the connecton to the bulb just to see if this rectify's the problem . If not there is no reason why you can not connect the ground wires for both the front indicators together without causing any problems .

Hi Felix, I presume that you have checked the bulb in the indicator that is not working and that the connection is not corroded? if these are fine make sure that the wire going from the connection to the bulb is ok by running a wire from the connecton to the bulb just to see if this rectify's the problem . If not there is no reason why you can not connect the ground wires for both the front indicators together without causing any problems .

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes i have switched the ground wire to run the indicator on the other side and it all works fine.

Ill try wiring them up to the same grounnd.

Felix

Well that seemed to solve the front indicator problem.

I now have a biger problem with the back though.

The left indicator is not working at all (tested bulb/holder). the right works but also makes the rear light flash. turning on the headlights also lights up the right indicator permanently???

Ive managed to rebuild this bike from parts, all the mechanicals work fine and it started straight away, i am lost however with electrics. All the connectors seemed self explanitary and could all only connect into 1 obvious plug/socket so i dont know what is wrong.

Well that seemed to solve the front indicator problem.

I now have a biger problem with the back though.

The left indicator is not working at all (tested bulb/holder). the right works but also makes the rear light flash. turning on the headlights also lights up the right indicator permanently???

Ive managed to rebuild this bike from parts, all the mechanicals work fine and it started straight away, i am lost however with electrics. All the connectors seemed self explanitary and could all only connect into 1 obvious plug/socket so i dont know what is wrong.

thats earth again, as the indicator hasn't got a proper earth it uses the +'ve on the lamp to get to earth and makes a circuit (you see it on cars where the indicators come on when the brakes are used).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online