Instrument panel bulb replacement

SouthpawPete
This post is 6050 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, gonna push my luck and shoot for two solutions tonight! Hopefully this one is less involved! Same bike - 1992 SR125. Th instrument panel bulb was blown when I bought it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to access the bulb!! I even resorted to the Haines manual, but although the manual claims to cover 1982 to 2002 models, the section on instrument panels is titled 1999-on models! I believe after '99, the bike had a seperate headlamp fitted, whilst mine is integrated into the underside of the speedo panel.

I did take the headlamp out to see if I could access the bulb from the underside, but no joy, and the top of the panel certainly doesn't seem to want to pop off to allow replacement from above!

Help please - I'm getting nervous riding in the evening when I can't tell how fast I'm going!!!!!

Many thanks

Pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online