jumped outta gear twice now?

bazza
This post is 6069 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've recently bought an 02 R6 with only 3k on the clock, all original and no tell tale signs of excessive hard riding.

I have put about 300 miles on it and twice now (only twice) at hard acceleration it has jumped out of gear, part of me feels if there was a problem it would happen far more often another part feels that there must be something wrong.

Is it possible for the rider to not quite put it in gear solidly enough so it does jump out at high revs or is it a case of if it's in it's in and shouldn't come out?

Any help would be good.

Bazza

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Had a similar problem on 06 R1, only did it a couple of times at cadwell quick shifting under hard acceleration.

I found the shift rod adjuster was a bit loose, adjusted it up and loctited the rod threads and its never done it again.

Try checking the shift lever and linkages, also try setting the lever slightly lower, so that you can get a bit more leverage on it when toeing it quickly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online