Yamaha R6 wont start

MustangMark83
This post is 5378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2005 Yamaha R6 with 4000 miles on it. I drove it for a couple miles and stopped to talk to somebody. I left the key in the on position, but the engine wasn't running. The electric fan came on and I wasn't paying any attention to it, and I'm not sure how long it ran, maybe 10 mins? Anyways, when I tried to re-start the bike, it made a buzzing sound. The gauges would come on, and reset itself, but it wouldn't even try to turn over, it just buzzed at me. I began pushing the bike home, and after about 10 mins I tried to start it again, and it cranked a little, but then it buzzed. I suppose after a while the batteries regain a little bit of juice, but not enough to turn over? Who knows, maybe it's not the battery at all, could be something else - but I'm going with the obvious because of the situation.

Does anyone else think that's the problem?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 year later...

The electric fan came on and I wasn't paying any absorption to it, and I'm not abiding how continued it ran, maybe 10 mins? Anyways, if I approved to re-start the bike, it fabricated a active sound. The gauges would appear on, and displace itself, but it wouldn't even try to about-face over, it just bashed at me. I began blame the bike home, and afterwards about 10 mins I approved to alpha it again, and it cranked a little, but again it buzzed.

Bathroom fan

A 2005 bike that's only done 4000 miles, your battery may be getting a little tired.

Have a good blat on it, check the voltage across the battery terminals when you put it away.

Recheck the voltage before you next start it. A significant drop means new battery time.

Remember, bikes like to be ridden.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online