V Piece mystery.

TazR6
This post is 6044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

I have a 2000 (5EB) R6 in Blue. I bought a V PIece off EBay for it a couple of weeks ago. I went on my 1st Track Day at Donington yesterday, so I had waited til today to fit in "just in case".

As it turns out, it doesnt fit. It is out in the Garage at th emo, but here is the EBay item number 280197153018.

Compared to the oblack one that is already in situ, this is much more rounded at the pointy end, and the layout of the internal plastics is different, as are the fixing points.

It SHOULD look like this (Ebay Item Number 280203355527).

Is anyone on here astute enough to be able to tell from the picture what th eBlue one is actually from?

Many thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Neil

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ebay item 280197153018 Looks like a MkI `97 -`98 4XV R1 fairing V piece.

This will go no-where near an R6 of any model year.

Best thing is to advertise on the forum here and bang it back on ebay to try and mitigate your original costs.

This is a common problem with sellers on ebay, who are not as tuned into a specific market, or when numberplate year letters are used to identify a bikes age, rather than the actual model year etc.

CAVEAT EMPTOR....as they say.

R1evad

Many thanks for that. You have confirmed my suspicions.

I will try and sell it on.

Thanks again,

Neil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online