RD350 F2

RDave
This post is 6053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

New to forum, back to biking.

Just recently bought an RD350F2 to ride for the summer, back tyre is about done and wondered if any RD riders can suggest the best tyres for the summer months. Hopefully will be mainly dry miles unless caught out by the weather. Since buying the bike have noticed that it is really skittish when on the white lines!! Sometimes scaringly so as I whip out to overtake then again when crossing to pull in.

Is this normal for the narrow tyred RD's. Current tyres are Avon Roadrunners which I used to use on my RD200 many many years ago.

Any suggestions welcome

cheers

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes i think its normal for the bike, mine was the same and also the same on the shiney black tar stuff they use to join road surfaces. Unfortunatley i cant remember the tyres i used as it was 15 years ago, would love another one but cant afford the price they fetch now.

• 2 weeks later...

A powervalve is always going to be a bit flighty under power particularly over white lines or road banding. Most RD's will suffer poor handling if cycle part bearings are left to wear beyond there usefull paramiters...ie, wheel, headstock, swingarm bearings etc. Notwithstanding the suspension probably being in a semi state of collapse, through no fault of it's own of course. It's old and usually the last part to be replaced or fettled. Way behind the endless list of pipes and oversized tyres that compound the handling woes you're already experiencing........which is what you asked in the first place!

Bridgestone BT45 in stock 90/90 front and 110/80 rear 33/38 psi are the best road option. Plenty of wet and dry grip and don't unsettle the handling. Don't be tempted to over tyre it....IT WILL WOBBLE! They're dual compound and wear pretty well too. Bigger tyres won't give you more grip only compromise the contact patch.

Good luck,

EP

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online