xt125x

guzz316
This post is 6053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, new here...... looking for some help if possible.

the accelerator on my xt125x (07 plate) has become stiff and hard to twist. after like, 10 minutes my wrist and arm really hurt and become numb. i have tried wd-40ing everything i can see to no avail! any ideas?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all, new here...... looking for some help if possible.

the accelerator on my xt125x (07 plate) has become stiff and hard to twist. after like, 10 minutes my wrist and arm really hurt and become numb. i have tried wd-40ing everything i can see to no avail! any ideas?

thanks

sounds like the cable is dry. you need to buy a cable oiler and use it.

Just check the cable is not chafing under the tank etc and this can let water in a rust the cable making it stiffer.

sounds like the cable is dry. you need to buy a cable oiler and use it.

Just check the cable is not chafing under the tank etc and this can let water in a rust the cable making it stiffer.

hi thanks for advice, ill try that :D

hi thanks for advice, ill try that :D

yep, i pulled back the cable cover next to the throttle, and lo and behold, lots of gungy crap on the cable! thaks for the advice mate, i even had the bike booked in to yamaha! youve saved me a few days without my bike! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online