Instrument Panel goes Haywire

Cam
This post is 6056 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:unsure:

Hi everyone first time on hear and I need the help.

I have a 1999 600 FAZER I use it to commute every day (12 miles each way) Yesterday the speedo,the rev counter the tacho meter all started working intermittently the speedo winding all the way round or siting on zero, however, when I operated the brake lever the gauges jumped al over the place the bike has never exibited this fault before and switching it off and restarting seemed to cure it. The battery was flat a couple of weeks ago but I recharged it satis please help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:unsure:

Hi everyone first time on hear and I need the help.

I have a 1999 600 FAZER I use it to commute every day (12 miles each way) Yesterday the speedo,the rev counter the tacho meter all started working intermittently the speedo winding all the way round or siting on zero, however, when I operated the brake lever the gauges jumped al over the place the bike has never exibited this fault before and switching it off and restarting seemed to cure it. The battery was flat a couple of weeks ago but I recharged it satis please help.

Yes this does sound like an earth issue, check all connections in and around ins panel, you may need to remove to see it, dodgy wire somewhere vibrating when moving,hense your instruments going wonky, when sat, no vibes,hense working. Let us know how you get on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online