Completed FZ1 Project

GazLat
This post is 5432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, here's the finished item!

As I said in an earlier posting I purchased the FZ1 new in Aug 07 and had her re-sprayed before Xmas as I wanted it in black but there were no more left in the UK.

I then added a few after markets goodies: Gilles rearsest, Beowulf can (with gold logo added), Powerbronze hugger, belly pan and Eliminator tail tidy, gold Renthal bars and 47 tooth rear sprocket (black), gold DID chain, Probolt engine kit, Motrax mirrors and Yamaha fly screen. I also painted the top yoke and brake caliper pots myself.

Have a look at the before & after pics below to see the transformation.

fz1beforeaug07ry9.jpg

fz1afterfeb08tc0.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Makes me wonder why Yamaha can't do that!

Thanx for your comments guys.

I certainly agree wiv Yoda, I'm not exactly a design engineer, I'm just someone wiv a good eye for nice bikes so if I can do it I'm sure Yamaha could!

They did so wiv the 2006 R1 SP as it had some really nice touches and they sold like hot cakes. Would be nice if they could do that more often.

r1spzr2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mate, your bike looks great :thumb: well done.

One point as I just got an FZ1 a few weeks back and was thinking of adding a yam flyscreen, it looks good but how effective do you find it?

Hi Rossi, I don't find it any different at all to be honest, the handling is just the same but cosmetically for what it is it does add a completely enhanced look to the front end.

B) Hi, I love what you've done, it looks fantastic! :thumb:

Hi Rossi, I don't find it any different at all to be honest, the handling is just the same but cosmetically for what it is it does add a completely enhanced look to the front end.

Yeah, I went and got one in anycase but you're right, looks the part but adds little in protection, still it looks good eh

:thumb:

here's a pic of mine

P4030160.jpg

P4030161.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

As I said in an earlier posting I purchased the FZ1 new in Aug 07 and had her re-sprayed before Xmas as I wanted it in black but there were no more left in the UK.

I then added a few after markets goodies: Gilles rearsest, Beowulf can (with gold logo added), Powerbronze hugger, belly pan and Eliminator tail tidy, gold Renthal bars and 47 tooth rear sprocket (black), gold DID chain, Probolt engine kit, Motrax mirrors and Yamaha fly screen. I also painted the top yoke and brake caliper pots myself.

fz1beforeaug07ry9.jpg

fz1afterfeb08tc0.jpg

Great looking bike. I was wondering what you used to paint the caliper pots.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

fz1beforeaug07ry9.jpg

fz1afterfeb08tc0.jpg

HI MATE WHAT PITCH ARE THE RENTHAL BARS? IVE TRIED 50MM PITCH BUT THE CLUTCHCABLE AND THROTTLECABLES ARE TO SHORT OR HAVE YOU FITTED DIFFERENT CABLES ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RCEIEVED

Hi mate, your bike looks great :thumb: well done.

One point as I just got an FZ1 a few weeks back and was thinking of adding a yam flyscreen, it looks good but how effective do you find it?

• 6 months later...

well im after one of these when my licese get unrestricted and im sure going to make it look like that

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online