YZF 750r FITMENT OF R1 FRONT CALIPERS

Guest bosshogg
This post is 5901 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest bosshogg

:rolleyes: HI EVERYONE ANOTHER NEWBIE. Need help doing a brake conversion on my 96 YZF 750 bought a set of

R1 calipers from blacks salvage that came off a YZF 750 but tonight tried to fit on my bike and the bolt holes wont

line up to my caliper brackets. This conversion seems to be a common mod ,so what can i do to get it working

All HELP much appreciated thanx

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know if you got the calipers figured out or not but I have some new adapters to fit huyabusa 6 piston calipers to Vmax and Fazer models. It would not surprise me if they wouldn't work on your setup. email me directly if you still are looking and we can make some measurements to see if they might.

Sean Morley

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: HI EVERYONE ANOTHER NEWBIE. Need help doing a brake conversion on my 96 YZF 750 bought a set of

R1 calipers from blacks salvage that came off a YZF 750 but tonight tried to fit on my bike and the bolt holes wont

line up to my caliper brackets. This conversion seems to be a common mod ,so what can i do to get it working

If you have early R1 calipiers they are a straight bolt on to any of the YZF750s however there are some other models that have the same design of caliper but the mounts are different. I would say you have picked up the wrong calipers. Why are you doing the conversion? Apart from looks the original six spots work a treat with the right pads (DBR racing) Hope that helps cherrio

If you have early R1 calipiers they are a straight bolt on to any of the YZF750s however there are some other models that have the same design of caliper but the mounts are different. I would say you have picked up the wrong calipers. Why are you doing the conversion? Apart from looks the original six spots work a treat with the right pads (DBR racing) Hope that helps cherrio

The six pot calipers have a habit of sticking and warping discs. I've already had to replace my discs for EBC Prolites, I'm doing the same caliper conversion so i don't have to replace any more.

Are ThunderAce calipers the same as R1's and do you need new lines or will the YZF ones (braided) fit?

I do know the R1 calipers and R6 are the same and will work for most swaps well. BUT, the 04 and up are radial mounted and will NOT swap.

Sean

• 2 months later...

The six pot calipers have a habit of sticking and warping discs. I've already had to replace my discs for EBC Prolites, I'm doing the same caliper conversion so i don't have to replace any more.

Are ThunderAce calipers the same as R1's and do you need new lines or will the YZF ones (braided) fit?

Thunderace calipers are different to R1/R6, they are a two piece construction, where as the R1/R6 are a one piece construction, the Ace calipers also have a metal pipe connecting the two halves, and air gets trapped in these making them a pig to bleed.

Its also advisable to change the master cylinder as well as the calipers and they are a different bore size, if you use the original 750 master, the brakes can feel "wooden".

The 750 lines will fit, although the R1 lines have a different angled banjo end, which isn`t a problem.

If you use the original 750 discs, you`ll need to grind off some of the brake pad face, as the rotor bobbins will catch, better off using some brembo 320mm discs as found on early Ducati`s.

You need to grind out the shape of the calipers from your forks.

Like this.................

yzf750052.jpg

yzf750056.jpg

yzf750064.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online