YAMAHA FZ6 S2

JAMESUK
This post is 5909 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im just about to buy one of these FZ6 S2 (Brand new one) Im wondering if anyone can give me any honest advice about the bike.

1, Build quality

2,where they are made

3, what to expect fuel wise (need it for work commutin summer months)

4,Best place to buy one in Yorkshire Area (or surrounding county)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im just about to buy one of these FZ6 S2 (Brand new one) Im wondering if anyone can give me any honest advice about the bike.

1, Build quality

2,where they are made

3, what to expect fuel wise (need it for work commutin summer months)

4,Best place to buy one in Yorkshire Area (or surrounding county)

High and welcome. Some personal answers to your questions.

1. Good but can be variable. Check for cracks on the fairing.

2. Which bit?

3. About 46 but you know how you ride.

4. Best place to buy one is where in the country you can do the best deal. Buy MCN

Look at the add ons you can get!

High and welcome. Some personal answers to your questions.

1. Good but can be variable. Check for cracks on the fairing.

2. Which bit?

3. About 46 but you know how you ride.

4. Best place to buy one is where in the country you can do the best deal. Buy MCN

Look at the add ons you can get!

I bought a 57 reg 2 weeks ago with 2 miles. It has now done 500. I had 06 which i p/exed. That used to give me over 40mpg. It improves after about 3000miles. S2 is better than the previous because the mid range power has been increased. I personally think they are very good bikes with 6000ml service intervals.

Hope this helps.

I bought a FZ6 S2 in Oct 07 after passing my test. So far I have only covered 600 miles (running in) and am still being precious about taking it out in the wet or on salted roads. I added the top box and carrier, heated grips (oxfords) and the taller touring screen - considering fairing lowers but haven't made up my mind yet. The bike was pre-reg by the dealer and I paid £4950 including the extras.

So far I have found it user friendly, comfortable, good fun and more that capable of out performing me. During the running in period I kept it below 6000 rpm for the first 400 miles. For the next 200 I stayed below a sustained 7000 rpm (advised in the handbook) but did allow the engine to spin upto 9000 rpm for 3rd or 4th gear overtakes.

I'm 6 foot and 17 stone. I've found the handling good (remember I am a complete novice) - added a click of preload to the rear suspension to cater for my weight and added 2 lb/in2 to the rear tyre and 1 lb/in2 to the front; sort of part way between the recommended pressures for a 90Kg rider and fully laden at 190Kg.

Fuel consumption has been around the 47 mpg mark.

I've just had the first service carried out (basically an oil and filter change) and a few adjustment to cables etc - cost £30.

Hope this helps

ATB

TMFM

I bought a 57 reg 2 weeks ago with 2 miles. It has now done 500. I had 06 which i p/exed. That used to give me over 40mpg. It improves after about 3000miles. S2 is better than the previous because the mid range power has been increased. I personally think they are very good bikes with 6000ml service intervals.

Hope this helps.

had the 600 miles service yesterday. it now feels a lot smoother. i have still not reved the engine more than 7000 revs . i do motorway driving everyday and at 6000revs i am doing about 72mph...staying legal. mpg is improving too as the engine loosens.