Sunday Riders!!!!!!!

Live to ride Ride to live
This post is 5865 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pick up my DragStar this weekend!!!! I'm soooooo excited i'm starting to leak!

Now don't be going out there and buying one piece leathers with tassles on and giving us cruiser riders a bad name :lol:;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh yes indeedy - Now get this. I am in a local bike shop a few weeks back perusing the clothing and helmets when in walks Mr colour coded 1 piece.

He's looking at gloves and picks up some that match his leathers.

He tries them on

He walks to the mirror

And proceeds to turn his hands over so he can see the gloves in the mirror from all angles....

then......

starts twisiting an invisible throttle - in the mirror......... :lol:

I (and 2 sales assistants) wer almost on the floor laughing at this plank.

I mean - ok so some folk like everything to match - whatever floats your boat - but to pretend to rev your bike in a mirror in a crowded shop to see if the gloves you just tried on look good gets twat of the year award IMHO :lol:

:headbang::rofl:

Sounds like you guys (and gals) suffer from the same problem we have here. We call 'em squids. Ignorant, inexperienced posers lacking in gray matter, thinking the world is their personal racetrack, ratcheting up the fatality count. I don't give 'em an inch on the road and I haven't encountered a crotch-rocket yet that can out leg my 1300 off the line. They're almost as bad as Hardly-Ableson riders. Most of them get the Darwin Award eventually.

Now don't be going out there and buying one piece leathers with tassles on and giving us cruiser riders a bad name :lol:;)

Haha. Dont worry no chance of that happening. Besides which i've been told that if i do such a thing i'm never to set foot over the bike shops door again :P

Haha. Dont worry no chance of that happening. Besides which i've been told that if i do such a thing i'm never to set foot over the bike shops door again :P

It could be worse - I think my leathers must have shrunk over winter, they looked so daft I had them 'adjusted'. Now that is a sad sight a biker with belly sticking out of leathers. God help me from preening myself thinking I look cool when really I'm a fat git. What think you? :unsure:

It could be worse - I think my leathers must have shrunk over winter, they looked so daft I had them 'adjusted'. Now that is a sad sight a biker with belly sticking out of leathers. God help me from preening myself thinking I look cool when really I'm a fat git. What think you? :unsure:

:lol:

We really need pictures before we can give you a straight answer you know........ :D

I also ride all year (no car), except when I'm feeling energetic and cycle to work.

What annoys the heck out of me is that Swindon is full of cycle paths, yet so many twonks unnecessarily decide to ride on the road, causing even more traffic problems than there is already. Grrrrrrrr :angry:

And don't me started on the groups of 'em taking up the ENTIRE ROAD...... aaarrrgghhhhhh WHY WHY OH WHY be so blatantly inconsiderate and quite frankly stoopid.

Horses on the road....... best not, I'll explode!

I also ride all year (no car), except when I'm feeling energetic and cycle to work.

What annoys the heck out of me is that Swindon is full of cycle paths, yet so many twonks unnecessarily decide to ride on the road, causing even more traffic problems than there is already. Grrrrrrrr :angry:

And don't me started on the groups of 'em taking up the ENTIRE ROAD...... aaarrrgghhhhhh WHY WHY OH WHY be so blatantly inconsiderate and quite frankly stoopid.

Horses on the road....... best not, I'll explode!

:lol: I agree with you with the cycle paths, I used to deliver there last year, thier was more room on the paths than on the road. At one stage I did use the cyle path to avoid a nasty bumper to bumper queue, it was for 30 seconds or so, but thier was about 6 or 7 cyclists blocking the road. . . .ok, i was a bit foolish maybe, but i was working and it was late and I wanted to get home. Horses. . . yup. . I live right out in the sticks and regularly horses trot up and down our road. Ive scared a few, so I now stop and kill the engine. Its just easier, I dont like horses jumping around in front of me. :eek2:

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, you get them.... last TT was my dodgy experience... a bike flew past me at 80 in a 30 whislt I saw him coming and moved, he made no effort to go wide and clipped my elbow padding..... bang out of order...

during the TT fortnight you need to check both sides head checks all the time even if yu are banging out 100 on a straight, you'll be surprised what you find traveling at the same speed on either side :lol:

All good fun though! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online