Div 600 doesn't start after oil servicing

Stephane
This post is 6065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everything was fine with my old Diversion 600 until I decided to change the oil, the oil filter and the air filter myself.

Now, when I try to start the engine, it doesn't ignite, as if the combustion could never spark on.

Thanks for your help,

Stephane.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everything was fine with my old Diversion 600 until I decided to change the oil, the oil filter and the air filter myself.

Now, when I try to start the engine, it doesn't ignite, as if the combustion could never spark on.

Thanks for your help,

Stephane.

I;'m sure you've checked but I know so many people mess up hear .... but is your kill switch knocked off !

If you don't usually use it and have accidently caught it, then it's one of those things you just forget to check.

Sorry to state the obvious but it's always good to start with the easy things

Hi!

Kill switch is fine! When I press the start button, the engine do try to run. It's just that the combustion never start.

It's also like if I don't pull the starter regulator it hasn't got enough petrol to start and if I pull it completely, the engine drawns... And in a middle position? Nothing: it seems better but it just never springs on...

Booooooo!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online