Help R6 06 Starting prob

Slane32
This post is 6054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please help!

R6 06, when i start it up sometimes its starts no probs and other times it starts and dies instantly, So i try again and i have to start it and hold on the revs otherwise it dies again. After a few seconds of revs its ok and will tick over...Its intermitent and doesn't do it all of the time. Its like it cant be bothered to start and tick over!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This could be dirt in the fuel system or a problem with the tacho sender to the fueling computer. Check the throttle position with the throttle bodies.

Yeh thanks i'll check that out...if it wasn't that and there is a problem with any of the electronics what signs am i lookin for on the checking system when i turn on the ignition..??

• 2 weeks later...

HI MATE MINE DOES EXACTLY THE SAME!

WHEN STARTING PULL CLUTCH IN AND JUST PRESS STARTER BUTTON DO NOT USE ANY GAS AT ALL IT WILL START UP NO PROBLEM AFTER THIS JUST LET THE THING TICK OVER FOR THIRTY SECONDS OR SO BEFORE TRYING TO REV IT, I THINK THE BIKES COMPUTER SYSTEM LIKES TO CHECK EVERYTHING OUT AND IF YOU USE GAS WHILST STARTING OR THE FIRST THIRTY SECONDS IT WILL CAUSE IT TO DIE AND LIKE YOU SAID WHEN YOU GO TO KICK HER UP AGAIN YOU HAVE TO USE MORE GAS OR IT WILL DIE AGAIN

TRY LIKE I SAID ABOVE AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM JUST LOOK AT IT AS THE BIKE IS JUST SETTING ITS SELF UP

SOMETIMES FRUSTRATING BUT AT LEAST THE OIL WILL GET ALL ROUND THE ENGINE BEFORE A GOOD RIDE!

REGARDS R6DYS

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online