Member intro

TexasTri
This post is 6073 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. I live in Central Texas and currently have a Triumph Legend and a Moto Guzzi Stone. I am picking up a 1972 DT2 today. The bikes appears to be in pretty good shape for it's age, but has a problem I have seen described on this forum a few times. It will start and idle just fine, but when you give it gas it stutters badly and never recovers. Since I do not have the bike in hand yet I have not had a chance to check the plugs to see if it is lean/rich or the fuel system for debris. That would be the first thing to look at, but the current owner indicated he had and that it had to be the carb. The last entry I saw on this problem it seemed to still be ongoing. Has anyone found a resolution yet? I hate to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

If it is the carb or jets I understand they are difficult to find replacements for so has anyone been able to determine a replacement that might work?

Thanks for the advice. Russ,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well I found on another forum that this issue can be resolved by replacing an O-ring and the pilot jet. Still waiting on my Clymer manual, but will post back if I figure it out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online