How do you Re-jet the carb? And Derestrict!

phi1
This post is 6068 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have got a Yamaha DT125R And i put a new front pipe on it, Just a standard one i bought off the bay cause mine had massive whole in it. But once i have my new silencer i would like to Re-jet it if anybody had a guide that would be great.

I would also like to find out on how to de-restrict my Yamaha?

thanks Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

pulled this of another forum so cant vouch if it will work or not.

this is how to derestrict it-the main parts are-:the exhaust,the C.D.I. unit the reed switch, and the power valve unit.Unfortunatley the dtx has a catalyst in the exhaust so you wont get it throught m.o.t. without it- you have to get one from an older bike or get a performance pipe like a dep or fresco.i dont think there is a reed switch on the dtx but the power valve retards at 7000rpm and there is a green wire behind the speedo witch needs to be earthed to stop it, or the valve needs disconnecting in the fully open position as for the c.d.i. unit you need to replace it with a pre 96 dt wiring loom to get full power although once the exhaust and power valve are sorted the power will probably be more than enough anyway with speeds of over 80mph easy

Hope it helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online