Yamaha DT50MX Lights ( electrics )

eley_1234
This post is 5984 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:unsure: hi every one :rolleyes:

i brought a 1989 ( f reg ) yamaha dt 50mx and i belive the bike was originally a 80cc

i keep blowing bulbs.... it had 6v in when i brought it... 1 week later boom!! i brougt new bulbs a day later boom....

so i thourght maybee the bike is a 12v.. so i brought 12v bulbs.... they woeked smashing ley for about 2 weeks then boom they went also..... i put a volt meter to the battery while the bike was running.. and a staggering :o 26v :o was comming through....

what do i do to stop this.... i am completley confused :unsure: please help if you can

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:unsure: hi every one :rolleyes:

i brought a 1989 ( f reg ) yamaha dt 50mx and i belive the bike was originally a 80cc

i keep blowing bulbs.... it had 6v in when i brought it... 1 week later boom!! i brougt new bulbs a day later boom....

so i thourght maybee the bike is a 12v.. so i brought 12v bulbs.... they woeked smashing ley for about 2 weeks then boom they went also..... i put a volt meter to the battery while the bike was running.. and a staggering :o 26v :o was comming through....

what do i do to stop this.... i am completley confused :unsure: please help if you can

I know very little, but the voltage regulator (which I assume your bike has) should keep the volts under 26. Do you have a manual you can use to check?

I know very little, but the voltage regulator (which I assume your bike has) should keep the volts under 26. Do you have a manual you can use to check?

humm, no i dont have a manuell... but i have a 6v battery and 6v bubls and and a original 6v indicator flasher unit and it just died, ill try and get my hands on a manuel and keep posted, thanks matee :rolleyes:

humm, no i dont have a manuell... but i have a 6v battery and 6v bubls and and a original 6v indicator flasher unit and it just died, ill try and get my hands on a manuel and keep posted, thanks matee :rolleyes:

It is part #6 on the diagram below. Unfortunately, you will need a shop manual to figure out how to test it (what resistances it should have etc) unless someone here knows the values.

http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partimage.gifx?d=124262,4,0

It is part #6 on the diagram below. Unfortunately, you will need a shop manual to figure out how to test it (what resistances it should have etc) unless someone here knows the values.

http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partimage.gifx?d=124262,4,0

yes thanks for that diagram it is really helpfull :D , i will try and upload images od what i have..... i belive in my bike there is a rectifier and a regulator... and they are separate units...... i put a multi meter to the regulator ( silver part 6# ) and there was nothinkg going through it.. maybee this means that it has broken ???? thanks

yes thanks for that diagram it is really helpfull :D , i will try and upload images od what i have..... i belive in my bike there is a rectifier and a regulator... and they are separate units...... i put a multi meter to the regulator ( silver part 6# ) and there was nothinkg going through it.. maybee this means that it has broken ???? thanks

one othere thing ...... if you take the tank of the dt, i have a small black box with 2 wires and a silver box that is bigger with a heat sink on it with only 1 wire?? hope this helps you to help me, thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online