TT600R with battery

sTTeve
This post is 5699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

To power the electric roadbook, the IMO tripmeter and the GPS, plus to make sure traffic can still see me of the bike stalls at a traffic light, i have mounted a little battery behind the left sidepanel. I found this battery on http://www.kickstarter-classics.de, article MA-RP. It costed me EUR 28.00 including postage.

I removed the tools in the toolbox, drilled a little hole for the wires, warmed the box under the tap to make it flexibel and squeezed the battery in place. I put it in a section of an old innertube to protect it and prevent it from opening on the trail.

The red wire was connected to the red wire that comes out of the rectifier, the red/black wire goes to the frame.

I have connected al the navigation-stuff to the headlightswitch, so they can be switched of if i park my bike over night. I may use an special wire with a separate switch in the future

pics.

http://stteve.smugmug.com/gallery/4243767#248367951

• 4 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks, very interesting. I am a bit of a dill when it comes to electrics so I have a very basic question, does the battery get charged by the bike wjile you ride it?

The idea of stalling the bike on a dark wet night and not having any lights does not impress me. I live in a town in the country and it gets pretty dark out here.

Mick.

• 3 months later...

Thanks, very interesting. I am a bit of a dill when it comes to electrics so I have a very basic question, does the battery get charged by the bike wjile you ride it?

The idea of stalling the bike on a dark wet night and not having any lights does not impress me. I live in a town in the country and it gets pretty dark out here.

Mick.

Hi Mike,

I have been away for some time so that is why my reply is so late

Yep, the battery is charged while riding

Steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online