no spark in 2/3

tattoophyl
This post is 6077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, can anybody help, i have an fz750 genesis 1997 which shot the con rod through the casing, i have since swapped the engine for another of the same but not getting a spark at 2 and 3, tested coil and thats ok, the original engine had a pick up coil on both sides, the replacement hasnt, can anybody tell me what i can do.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm not sure what the firing order is, but what components are common to these two cylinders? If there is nothing common then it must be the spark plugs or leads.

disconnected coil n connected other and 2 n 3 fire, plugs , leads fine, problem is with pick up coils, i think bike is actually 85 model,[b reg],origional manual says pick-up on left, new engine has pick-up on right, origional engine has 2, left and right, both are 1fn engines from fz 750's, any suggestions??????????????

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online