Dragstar 1100 custom rear drive removal

robtavia
This post is 6080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I want to get my wheels re-spoked on my Dragstar 1100 custom. Having removed the rear wheel I can't work out how to remove the rear drive assembly from the wheel. The side and bottom nuts are for the oil fill and drain and there is a chrome domed cap on the top that seems fixed solid. Has anyone done this in the past because I'm baffled.

Cheers for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure if its any help but my XJ650 is shaft drive and when you remove the rear wheel you leave the drive part of the hub in place. Remove rear brake rod (drum brake not sure what yours would be), remove rear wheel spindle, from the drive side of the bike push the wheel away from drive hub and it drops out. You may need to use your feet and give it a kick as they can be on tight.

Like i said never really seen a Dragstar 1100 custom so just hope this helps.

Not sure if its any help but my XJ650 is shaft drive and when you remove the rear wheel you leave the drive part of the hub in place. Remove rear brake rod (drum brake not sure what yours would be), remove rear wheel spindle, from the drive side of the bike push the wheel away from drive hub and it drops out. You may need to use your feet and give it a kick as they can be on tight.

Like i said never really seen a Dragstar 1100 custom so just hope this helps.

Thanks Dave I never thought of that. Looking at the 650 the drive set up looks the same just that mine has a rear disc. As you point out it may be a tight fit and needs the right persuasion. I will try putting the wheel back in and giving it a try.

Cheers

Mate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online