What does the Yamaha 600R temp gauge read usually

Uncle Pesto
This post is 6094 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

New to the forum here. I just bought a 2001 Yamaha YZF 600R. I noticed when I am on the freeway or hitting about 50-60, the temp stays cool below 70. (I would assume this is because the high speeds cool the engine additionally.)

However after running it for a bit, if I am cruising through city traffic, the temp gauge hits 100. There is an extra space between that and the red-line - but how hot is hot? Is this normal?

My last bike didn't have the same temp gauge - it was a Honda.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

New to the forum here. I just bought a 2001 Yamaha YZF 600R. I noticed when I am on the freeway or hitting about 50-60, the temp stays cool below 70. (I would assume this is because the high speeds cool the engine additionally.)

However after running it for a bit, if I am cruising through city traffic, the temp gauge hits 100. There is an extra space between that and the red-line - but how hot is hot? Is this normal?

My last bike didn't have the same temp gauge - it was a Honda.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

in slow traffic thats not unusual, make sure the rediator is topped up and check that the fans cut in this should happen at about 105, wouldn't worry to much :rolleyes:

in slow traffic thats not unusual, make sure the rediator is topped up and check that the fans cut in this should happen at about 105, wouldn't worry to much :rolleyes:

nice to know people appreciate you takingthe time to help them out!