Steering Damper

TeamBPR
This post is 6092 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Just a quick question as I've never had a bike with a steering damper before this one...

This might be obvious, but I assume setting it to maximum soft will make the bike like it has no damper on, i.e. like it is as standard...??

Just trying to find my feet with my new bike :drive:

Thanks a lot :mellow:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Yoda :)

That doesn't really answer my question though! :unsure::lol:

It's an aftermarket Ohlins one across the handlebars.. that I'm just trying to learn how to have it set up... 18 clicks worth makes the steering very light, and 0 clicks worth makes it really heavy.. so I'm just wondering what should I have it set to for general riding? I think somewhere to the softer side of middle is what I need..??

What I was really asking though, was.. I assume that 18 Clicks, i.e adjusting it all the way to soft, makes it like it would be as standard/out of the factory.. i.e. with no additional steering dampening???

Does that make any sense? :unsure: I'm only a novice :)

Thanks Yoda :)

That doesn't really answer my question though! :unsure::lol:

It's an aftermarket Ohlins one across the handlebars.. that I'm just trying to learn how to have it set up... 18 clicks worth makes the steering very light, and 0 clicks worth makes it really heavy.. so I'm just wondering what should I have it set to for general riding? I think somewhere to the softer side of middle is what I need..??

What I was really asking though, was.. I assume that 18 Clicks, i.e adjusting it all the way to soft, makes it like it would be as standard/out of the factory.. i.e. with no additional steering dampening???

Does that make any sense? :unsure: I'm only a novice :)

set it to 0 ride the bike and get used to it. if you exp head shake then dial it up. 4-6 for every day is what i found comfortable, 12-18 for motorways takes the work out of riding in high winds etc.

set it to 0 ride the bike and get used to it. if you exp head shake then dial it up. 4-6 for every day is what i found comfortable, 12-18 for motorways takes the work out of riding in high winds etc.

Thanks a lot, that makes sense.

Much appreciated. I accidentally took it for my first ride with it on 18 :unsure: .. thought it was a bit.. heavy on the steering in tighter bends/junctions! :lol::D:blink:

Cheers!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online