Thinking of buying a 77 xs360

spacmanspif300
This post is 6093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, for starters i am, a first timer. apart from being on the back of a friend's bike and formerly owning a 50cc scooter, i am a total newbie.

this is the bike i am considering. any idea as to the diagnosis? i am very comfortable with a wrench, etc. and also have a good friend/biker who would be willing to help me get started riding.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/524295443.html

i have also downloaded drewpy's service manual (thanks), which is how i found this forum, just searching for xs360. anyway all help would be appreciated.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just picked up a 77 XS360 as well. It was imported into North America for only two years until it morphed into a 400 until 1983. It shares some parts with the XS500 and the odd part from other XS models as well. Mine is a bit rough with no spark and needs everything looked after. I don't know if the XS360 has any known particular problems, maybe others with more XS knowledge can help here. Like xtonyx said, they are pretty basic bikes.

xswheels, that's funny. i think my bike was imported to the states from somewhere.. the speedometer is in kmh not mph.

I would say europe, prob Germany or Netherlands

If you live in the US I would think you have a Canadian bike.

that's what i figured. someone was telling me to get a new speedo while im doing all the work on it to clean up the cluster but the kmh speedo was too neat!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online