Questions about yamaha DT125R

phi1
This post is 5985 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I basicly have got this at xmas it's purely for using off road. It does have a MOT etc though. Anyway the front pipe had a massive hole in it, So i bought a new one from ebay just a standard one. And fitted that. I now want to rejet the carb but i have no idea on doing this! People i have spoken to said i should go up a size then it will be better so on. Whats the cost in doing this? Is it a hard job todo? Also i would like to look at derestricting it. If somebody could explain that to me that would be great! It's a 1991 version if thats any use.

Thanks Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah iv had a quick look about, Looks a good site! One thing i would like to change on my bike would be the fork covers there like yellow.. all the plastics are black so looks a bit strange but i think you have to take the whole forks off don't you?

• 3 months later...

Yeah iv had a quick look about, Looks a good site! One thing i would like to change on my bike would be the fork covers there like yellow.. all the plastics are black so looks a bit strange but i think you have to take the whole forks off don't you?

Short answer YES

you have to take the forks off (not too hard to do though) .

A word of caution!! some if not all bolts on the fork legs will have stuck (corroded solid) be VERY Carefull when removing not to snap them off , (the bolts and the casting on the fork legs) use loads of penetrating oil (wd40 ect)) even the use of a blow torch may help to warm up the fork leg to help ease the bolt out BE CAREFULL you have been warned!!

• 2 weeks later...

why do you want to jet the carb?? If the bike isn't tuned then theres no need, stardard jetting is reccomended by DEP if you fit even a complete exhaust system

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online