FZ600 Starting Problem

Ed3
This post is 6097 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I made the dual low beam mod to my 2007 FZ6 on 12/31/07, 1yr anniversary of purchase. Its got 20,025 miles and has run flawlessly since purchase.

I started the bike after the mod and everything was fine. Temps in the teens kept me from riding the rest of the week. Yesterday, 1/5/08 suited up for a ride to check out the night time improvement of the mod and the bike would not start. Turn the ignition to run, it goes through the diagnostic fine, hit the starter button and the engine tries to start but never really turns over. Checked gas, battery, fuses, eng stop switch is in the run position. Anyone had a similar problem?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Battery is 19.6 volts. Today its now 65 degrees F (19 degrees C). No change, hit the starter button and the starter turns the engine but it just won't turn over and run.

Had to break down and take the bike to the dealer for repair. Fouled plugs was the diagnosis.

Apparently the FZ6 should not be started unless it is going to be ridden or at minimum allowed to reach normal operating temp before turning it off. Seems unusually easy to foul plugs. We'll see how it goes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online