Where's the battery

FazerDaz
This post is 5954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just tried to start my fazer 600 up and failed and now I have a flat battery.

The silly question now is where is the battery and how do you get to it,if its under the tank will I have to remove the tank first?

If my car battery goes flat I have a cheap charger for it,will I be able to use the same charger for my bike?

Any advice will be most welcome thanks.

Daz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

51%/49% FRONT/REAR WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION

In order to achieve the idealised front/rear weight distribution of 51%/49%, our design team have relocated the battery nearer the front and beneath the fuel tank, whilst a new seat design gives a rider’s hip position 8 mm further forward.

Taken from here

<a href="http://www.motorcycledaily.com/12august03_2004yamaha_fz6.htm" target="_blank">http://www.motorcycledaily.com/12august03_2004yamaha_fz6.htm</a>

As for battery charger i think you will need a bike one, from what i have been told a car charger will destroy it. Most of the bike chargers come with leads you can leave attached to the battery with the end left where you can get to it easily, also an intelligent charger would be worth the money as it will cut out when fully charged and back in again when needed.

Just tried to start my fazer 600 up and failed and now I have a flat battery.

The silly question now is where is the battery and how do you get to it,if its under the tank will I have to remove the tank first?

If my car battery goes flat I have a cheap charger for it,will I be able to use the same charger for my bike?

Any advice will be most welcome thanks.

Daz

take off the seat and under the seat just behind the end of the tank is the battery, jump start and leave running or take for a good run, invest in an optimate trickle charger, this can be on the bike all the time if you have standing for long periods it has a fixed lead so it has a permenent plug in point for the charger, check the battery to see if it a sealed or refillable, which means sealed when *****d sling it,refillable, top up with sterilized water or buy some from one of the main car accessory shops.top up to the level marks and charge it may be ok.

I bought a halfords inteligent charger at a cost of £19.99 (I think). It has a switch to flick between Car and Bike, flicks into trickle mode when fully charged been quite a good charger.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online