exhausted!

Pixx
This post is 6101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:huh: I may be repeating an earlier thread, but I can't find it... I've just put a deposit on a lovely 2002 FZS600 and wanted to ask if anyone knows how hard it would be to replace the pipes with stainless steel as the current "black" ones are the typical rusty mess! Clearly I need full downpipes into a collecting box and then with some way of connecting to the silencer/can. I know I'll need 4 x 42mm gaskets, but is that everything, and how difficult are the headers to remove from the manifold?

I don't want to get stuck halfway through the job so that other people can say I'm just a stoopid woman!

Also, I'm thinking a rad cover would be a good plan but again, I'm wondering how difficult it is to remove and reuse the original bolts... any experience? :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:huh: I may be repeating an earlier thread, but I can't find it... I've just put a deposit on a lovely 2002 FZS600 and wanted to ask if anyone knows how hard it would be to replace the pipes with stainless steel as the current "black" ones are the typical rusty mess! Clearly I need full downpipes into a collecting box and then with some way of connecting to the silencer/can. I know I'll need 4 x 42mm gaskets, but is that everything, and how difficult are the headers to remove from the manifold?

I don't want to get stuck halfway through the job so that other people can say I'm just a stoopid woman!

Also, I'm thinking a rad cover would be a good plan but again, I'm wondering how difficult it is to remove and reuse the original bolts... any experience? :blink:

L.O. Pixx.

Right then, no problem . Unless they are already blowing, you must have an M.O.T with the bike if from a dealer, try painting them with high temp engine paint, i did. lasted for ages. failing that, use plenty of W. D . Let it soak for ages.

There are plenty of replacement full sytems in the M.C.N adds. Easy job if you have a set of sockets/spanners. Do not force the nuts or you might damage a stud. Use more W. D. When putting back together, put together slack, than work front to back. Same with rad grill. I had one for 35.000 miles, traded for new fz6n , super bike, bad press but they all talk bollocks. Good luck. Nosbor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online