Thundercat speedo/mileometer

jules069
This post is 6089 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

My speedo and mileometer are not working. Have checked the cable and the 2 cog wheels at the speedo end. How do I check the speedo at the wheel end? Is there anything else I can check?

Odd fact - When I wheel my bike forward the cable doesn't rotate but when I wheel my bike backward the cable does rotate. (cable disconnected at speedo end and connected at wheel end).

Cheers for any info

Jules

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unscrew the speedo cable where it goes into the adapter on the front axle; once removed gently pull the centre cable and you'll soon know if it's broke. If it is replace it, if it isn't check that the cable housing is located correctly on the axle/forks.

Unscrew the speedo cable where it goes into the adapter on the front axle; once removed gently pull the centre cable and you'll soon know if it's broke. If it is replace it, if it isn't check that the cable housing is located correctly on the axle/forks.

Cheers Chris

looks like the drive unit on the wheel. Have been told it is likely to be the metal disc inside the unit.

jules

• 3 weeks later...

Some bozos damaged my drive unit when I had a front tyre fitted. It's just two metal prongs which apparently bend easily and stop turning the drive unit. They sorted out the problem after I went back three times and the next time I had tyres done I took the wheels off myself and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. Might be worth looking into.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online