XJ550 oil cooler

steveralls
This post is 6108 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am trying to obtain a new oil cooler, the hoses and fittings for an '83 XJ550. For some reason these are not shown or listed in the spares catalogue.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I tried to get new for my 82 XJ650 but they have been discontinued, so that leaves 3 options.

CUSTOM MADE, not enquired yet but guessing it`ll be expensive.

LOCATE SECONDHAND, i think the xj range all used the same oil cooler, its also the same as the later xj600(NOT THE DIVERSION).

REMOVE IT, the option i`ve gone with ATM, easily done just remove the oil filter and then the bolt in the middle of the oil filter mounting, take the adapter plate off and bolt the oil filter back on.

Hope that helps Dave C

I tried to get new for my 82 XJ650 but they have been discontinued, so that leaves 3 options.

CUSTOM MADE, not enquired yet but guessing it`ll be expensive.

LOCATE SECONDHAND, i think the xj range all used the same oil cooler, its also the same as the later xj600(NOT THE DIVERSION).

REMOVE IT, the option i`ve gone with ATM, easily done just remove the oil filter and then the bolt in the middle of the oil filter mounting, take the adapter plate off and bolt the oil filter back on.

Hope that helps Dave C

Many thanks Dave,

I didn't realise the adapter could be dispensed with.

Steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online