FZ6 Fuel Tank Replacement

NekkidRidr
This post is 6107 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all! I went down on the highway a while back and have a lot of cosmetic damage. One of the big issues is my fuel tank is damaged. I bought a new one and have taken off the old one. My question is, how do I take out the big white pump thing from the old tank so I can get it into the new one? There seems to be a little tab that's preventing me from pulling it out. Any help is appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all! I went down on the highway a while back and have a lot of cosmetic damage. One of the big issues is my fuel tank is damaged. I bought a new one and have taken off the old one. My question is, how do I take out the big white pump thing from the old tank so I can get it into the new one? There seems to be a little tab that's preventing me from pulling it out. Any help is appreciated.

The tab probably only prevents you from removing the fuel pump. Cut the tab off or cut the tank open and remove the pump. Be very careful not to damage the pump and its wiring. Clean the new tank before fitting the fuel pump.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online