Just saying hello & asking for some advice

R6Gale
This post is 6127 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

I am new to the website, as well as the motorbike scene. Got myself an 2002 R6, I cam off it just before christmas, thankfully I was only, few bruises but nothing major - the bike however needed new headlight unit, front cowling, r/h mid fairing. Manage to get some very cheap & excellent condition eadlights & front cowling the the mid fairing I am stuggling with.

Have been weighing up my option, which are as follows:

Option 1 - Live with the tatty fairing I have on there at the minute, even tho the rest of the bike is A1 condition.

Option 2 - Buy a brand new one from Yamaha, cost me £279.95 + VAT. That will mean it will be perfect again :)

Option 3 - Get one of the Fairing Kits off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-YZF-R6-R-6-bo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Option 3 to me is sounding the best so far what do you lot think? Are the fairing kits off ebay decent or they not worth spending my money on? Has anyone got a picture of a 2002 with some race fairings on, like the Go!!!! Black one, Camel or Fiat one.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatfull

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Chris I am also new here but i know of a place in holland that are very good

www.cmsnl.com

you should get parts there at a good price

Best of luck

G

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online