yamaha 600 fazer

yamaha6
This post is 6006 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

over the last 5 weeks, the bike starts fine, after a constant run for about 10 to 15 mins when i close down the trottle it does not stay in tick over, it will start again but it keeps happening, this only happens in the morning. in the evening after the bike is standing parked for about 9hours, i start as normal and it runs fine even though the weather is still cold. i have had the bike full serviced, am trying some silkoline anti freezing agent in the petrol to hopefully stop carb icing but it is still happening. can anyone help?????

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have had a similar problem. cured very simply by increasing the idle speed to about 1200 rpm when the engine is warm. Ride the bike for 10-15 minutes until the engine gets warm, then adjust the screw beneath the carburetta above the sprocket casing, until it idles smoothly. When the engine s cold the action of the choke would be doing the same thing, of course you then turn this off when the engine is warm, stalling the engine.

Same problem here with my 07'. Same adjustment of setting the idle of a warmed up engine to 1200 - 1300 rpm or so corrected cold running issue.

thx 4 ur reply, while i was cleaning the bike over xmas i spotted the cylinder intake rubbers 1 and 4 had perished thru which were then taking in 2 much of the cold air as the bike was running, done a temp repair with some puncture repair patches and it seems ok now, i am changing these 2 rubbers in the next few days and hopefully the problem will be solved.

yamah6 B)

I have had a similar problem. cured very simply by increasing the idle speed to about 1200 rpm when the engine is warm. Ride the bike for 10-15 minutes until the engine gets warm, then adjust the screw beneath the carburetta above the sprocket casing, until it idles smoothly. When the engine s cold the action of the choke would be doing the same thing, of course you then turn this off when the engine is warm, stalling the engine.

thx 4 ur reply, while i was cleaning the bike over xmas i spotted the cylinder intake rubbers 1 and 4 had perished thru which were then taking in 2 much of the cold air as the bike was running, done a temp repair with some puncture repair patches and it seems ok now, i am changing these 2 rubbers in the next few days and hopefully the problem will be solved.

yamah6